Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hello again and Happy October!!!

I am sure that you are as surprised as I am that it is October and We only have three more weeks on track! Yikes, so much to do and so little time.  Thanks for all of the reading that you have been doing with your kiddos.  I will start some of our informal testing to assess GRL (guided reading level) so that you will have a better idea of what level to get at the library while we are off track.  Yes, we still read while we are off track in between all of the fun we are having!!!!  In fact having the kids keep a "journal" just writing one or two sentences about what they did that day boosts their writing, reading, spelling and handwriting skills.  I will be sending the journal that we have just barely started home so that could be used to do this writing.  I will post other possibilities for things to work on as our time grows closer.
I hope that you all had a great and restful week end and you all have a wonderful week!
-Teresa:)

No comments:

Post a Comment