Sunday, December 15, 2013

Wow, has a month really past since the last time I posted????  I am so so sorry….(again)  It seems like I am having a hard time keeping up with everything at school and home:?  It was so great to talk with all of you at our conference.  I am enjoying the kids so much.  They are really doing a great job as we work, learn and grow together!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for reading with your children.  I wish that I could just read with the kids all day but there are so many other things to do.  We will continue to work hard on our reading skills since there is always something to work on.  I would also like to continue working on handwriting.  Many have great handwriting but a few are really struggling to make things neat and legible.  The students are doing well in spelling and many are catching on to the fact that if they can spell "ick" they can spell trick, Mick, Nick, flick, prick, brick etc.  I spoke to a few of you about individualized spelling lists which are coming :}  Thanks for your patience---yikes, so much to do!

We have been working really hard on our math skills to get ready for our up coming benchmark 2.  The skills besides basic addition and subtraction are using different methods to find unknowns, draw and solve story problems using circle and sticks that represent tens and ones.

Your children are a joy and are doing a great job.  We still have lots to learn before the year is over but are having fun doing it!  Have a great week and if I do not get to say it before, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's!

No comments:

Post a Comment